SO MUCH TO DO, SO LITTLE TIME...WHEN YOU'RE 5!

Conversation with Jesse this morning...

Me: Jesse, do you want to get your book and read it to me once before you go?

Jesse: (very seriously) Mama, I do *not* have enough time. I have to...(now starts pointing to each finger as he says) take out one bag of garbage, one bag of papers, two recycle bins, brush my hair, brush my teeth and you have to put cream and a band-aid on my cut...aaahhh (heavy sigh!)

He sounded exhausted just talking about it..too funny! I didn't realize we were such slave drivers!

I have never seen anyone love garbage day as much as this kid.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coming off a day where I am still working at midnight, 18 hours each day lately and having "too much to do" ... this story really is adorable and puts it all in perspective! Love it ...thanks! m

Susan said...

OMG--the way you describe his "heavy sigh", he sounds just like his father!

Sandy C said...

OMG! Just look at that child! How cute is he?!! hmmmm....he must be related to me!! teehee! Listen, I just think it's so funny that you and I both have curly haired boys when we both have such straight hair - we married well, didn't we? Cute story, Jude! Very well written, I can just feel the hot breath of that sigh.

alison said...

Rae is the same. (She's 5 too) The other day I asked her to pick her sweater off the floor and put it away. She did, and then she came back into the living room. Then I noticed one of her barbies on the floor under the coffee table, so I asked her to go put that away too. She did, but as she left the room I heard her say under her breath, "I have to do *everything* around here."
Hee.u

Bridget aka Bee said...

Very very cute! LOVE the picture!

Holly said...

oh jesse... what a guy!

Maddie and Sydney said...

What a cutie! Love the drama.. I have a drama queen at my house so I know just what you are saying:).