ARE MY EARS STILL BLEEDING??

Ok, now I have something to say. I watched "Don't Forget The Lyrics" last night. Remember how I said these shows would either be really lame or totally hilarious? Well, I think anybody that watched "The Singing Bee" the other night knows that really lame is an understatement! I must say though that Joey Fatone was quite good as the host.
Don't Forget seemed a little more intriguing as Wayne Brady (love him!)was explaining how it would work...a really good concept actually. Different categories of music and then 2 choices of songs in each category..all the contestant had to do was fill in 4 words when the music stopped. They would work their way up to one million dollars with 10 correct answers. It even had "lifelines" so to speak, 3 ways they could get help if they needed it. Sounds interesting doesn't it? Then, it happened, the cute little contestant picks her first category, the music starts and she starts to sing...OMG...it was like Minnie Mouse on helium!!! She was awful and every song assaulted my eardrums just a little more and they sing quite a few lines of each song before the music stops. A half an hour of this woman singing and she's still on tonight! I want to see how well she does but I don't know if I can. It's on tonight at 8:30 I believe. C'mon, be brave, watch it with me and let me know what you think of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Minnie Mouse on helium!! ROFL!! Well, now, I thought she was adorable in a really, really annoying way. Yes, very squeeky but this girl has Per son al i ty!! with a capital P! I can't believe she knows all the words to all those songs. I'm old(er than her) & I don't even know the words to all those songs. We're watching tonight, here! And Wayne? hilarious! He's really good! Our new favourite show. - Sandy

Judy said...

Yes, she definitely had personality...she was adorable..when she wasn't singing! I was thinking the exact same thing about her knowing those words. Those last 2 songs were not easy...I can't believe she got 350,000!
Wayne is great...this show's 100 times better than the Singing Bee.

Susan said...

I saw part of Singing Bee the other night...but didn't see this one. I'll have to check it out...

Holly said...

so, which one should I PVR... Singing Bee or Lyrics.... I won't be a faithful viewer, but I may tune in from time to time! LOL...