TUESDAY TIDBITS

1) Last week both Holly and Alissa did a meme about movie quotes. Let's just say my movie guru status does NOT include quotes...no memory whatsoever! I tried to pretend that I just wasn't going to participate because I was so late commenting that it would look like I was cheating if I got them all right. HA...I think I only knew 2 on each of their lists! How humiliating!

There are only a few quotes that have ever stuck with me...

"There's no crying in baseball!" (A League of Their Own - Tom Hanks to one of the players)

"I'll have what she's having" (When Harry Met Sally - Lady in Diner after Meg Ryan's fake orgasm scene)
Piece of useless trivia (this stuff I remember!)...the lady in the diner was played by Rob Reiner's mom.

"I'm going to be 40"
"When?"
"Somedaaaayyyy!"
A conversation between Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal in When Harry Met Sally. She was upset about getting older. I remember this scene vividly because I was nowhere near 40 when I first saw this movie and I was thinking how far away that was! Well, here I am and 40 has come and gone...guess who's crying now!!

2) Did anyone see the comments that Heather Mills had the audacity to make after her divorce settlement was announced last week? If anyone was on her side and thinks she was entitled to a lot more then my opinion won't be very popular but to me she has just continually come across as a complete gold digger!
She was awarded approximately 48 million (she wanted over 200 million!) and for their daughter she'll receive $70,000 a year PLUS nanny and school fees! Then she spouted off to the media about what a disgrace the amount for their daughter was...something about her daughter travelling in B class while Paul continues to travel in A class! OMG...maybe she could spend some of her millions on *their* daughter! Unbelievable!

3) Is everyone still glued to Idol? I thought tonight's performances were quite good. I have no idea who's going to win anymore.
Personally, my top 5 picks, in no particular order are...
Carly Smithson
David Cook
David Archuleta
Michael Johns
Jason Castro (He has the most beautiful eyes ever but *please* do something with that hair!)
I am so glad Amanda finally got voted off last week. I really liked her in auditions but I think they wasted a spot by putting her in the Top 24. She only had one way of singing and it seemed to get worse with each passing week...loud and screaming!
Any guesses for tomorrow night's results? I'm going to say Chikezie will go.

4) Peter Walsh from Clean Sweep has a new book out called "Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Big?" I recommended it to Bridget since she's on a journey this month to Voluntary Simplicity. I've been following her daily posts with great interest and they're very inspiring...you should check it out!
Anyway, I recommended it without fully reading it but I thought it looked interesting and figured it would be full of great advice. I happened to be at Chapters the other day (oh, yeah, on Procrastination Friday!), picked it up and started to read a few pages. Then I saw it...the part that said..."you should give up television for 30 days"! I immediately stopped reading and put the book back. :-)

5) This is a question for my fellow bloggers or actually, commenters of blogs. I quite often want to put comments back to people who have commented on my posts but I don't usually because I figure noone is going to go back and re-read comments. Except that...I do...but I am obsessed...lol! I love reading people's comments on other blogs and quite often I will go back and re-read if I notice new ones have been added. Some people have the capability to email back regarding comments which is very cool but I can't do that with Blogger. So if you wouldn't mind giving me your opinion I'd love to hear it...oh, except maybe leave out the part about agreeing with me that I'm a tad obsessed!

Well there you have it, 5 little tidbits for a very snowy Tuesday in March! How's the weather in your corner of the world?

8 comments:

Susan said...

The weather in my corner of the world sucks--much like the weather in your corner of the world.

I was glad Amanda got voted out too. She grated on my nerves from the very beginning and she never stood up straight. drove me nuts! I think Ramiele might go tonight.

Sandy C said...

ditto on the Idol comments from susan. Right down to the standing up straight thing! LOL!!

As for the comment thing? I go back and check a few people's after I've commented (your is one). I dunno. I comment back on mine sometimes and wonder if anyone ever sees it, too.

Bridget aka Bee said...

Hey Judy! Thanks so much for the endorsement on your blog!! :) Have the book on hold at the library - yep - think I'll have to skip over the part about turning off the T.V. too!! LOL!!

I comment back on my comments too - just a bit afraid that my inbox of my email will just get way to crowded for me if I do the email responses etc.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, if I comment on a post that seems really interesting or that I stated a strong opinion on or perhaps it was a quiz/trivia thing that I answered, I'll come back and read the comments again to see what other folks say. Usually I don't, mostly because I really don't have the time--or the attention span--to do so.

You can reply to comments via e-mail with blogger, it just takes some doing. Most folks have an e-mail address somewhere on their profile page. If they're regular commenters, you can get their e-mail from them by asking for it in a comment on their blog. Then, when blogger sends you the comment, cut and paste the entire thing into a new e-mail, title it "re:your comment on my blog" and send it to the commenter. I used to do it all the time. And it's another one of the main reasons I switched to Wordpress :-) It's easy with Wordpress!

Holly said...

I don't always respond to every single comment I get, but I make sure to hit everyone at least once... yay for WordPress (but I am a geek and like that).

I have never seen When Harry Met Sally. I know.

I. Did. Not. Like. Amanda. AT. ALL.!!!

Judy said...

Thanks for the comments ladies!

S & S...you guys are totally right..Amanda *did* look like she was singing to the floor half the time! It's not like she was that tall to begin with! lol!

B...I'm still going to pick up that book at some point..it was just too funny that that was the page I opened it at!

A...thanks for the comment info. You and Holly are both very convincing that Wordpress is the way to go! lol!!

Judy said...

Holly...I'm only going to say this once...PLEASE get your hands on a copy of When Harry Met Sally!!!! PLEASE!!! We'll have to make it a movie night selection very soon! lol!!!
Actually I haven't seen it in years. I definitely wouldn't mind watching it again.

Anonymous said...

Now I have to remember everything I wanted to comment on. Harry met Sally - enjoy that movie more each time I see it. Bridget's sight, I'm going to check it out although Marlene and I went to a Cluttertherapy workshop several years ago and learned we were not even close to being bad. AI - I love this part, when they get into the top 12 but unfortunately have missed most of it except for a few songs. David Cook - who drove me nuts at first - is incredible I saw him sing Hello and immediately downloaded that song on itunes. Only disappointment is it needs to be 25 times longer. ummm what else. Oh blog comments - it would be fun to hear feedback but I think it just adds more on your "to do" list and then you will "feel" like you need to do it all the time. wow, this is a long comment so signing off - marianne